I'm in Berlin regularly and am working in Coworking spaces there. Obviously I want to get out of the living room, sometimes it's not worth booking a complete day in a coworking space and they're limited on the weekend anyways. So where to go?
The requirements I have:
- Good Wifi
- Not too crowded (I want a place to sit, not more)
- Good coffee/tea/drinks (non-alcoholic) and preferably snacks
- "Work athmosphere"
- Self-serviced free water
Here's my list I of places I really like so far:
- Betahaus Cafe: A classic, their coworking space is great as well, but if you just want to work for a couple of hours their Cafe offers a pretty good deal as well. Get's crowdes in the afternoon. Weekend? Yes!
- Spreegold @Bikini Berlin. I love all of the Spreegold branches, it seems to me like the one at Bikini Berlin is the one with the most space, so you can easily get a place there. The view on the Gedächtniskirche is great as well. Weekend? Yes!
- Kaschk: Well, a place for day and night. During the day work and cafe athmosphere, the tables are not perfect though. In the evening it becomes a beer bar, including 2 shuffleboard tables. Always reminds me of Texas, in particular Buzz Mill. Weekend? Yes! It might smell a little after-party there though.
- R/D Coffee Bar
Here's the list of places I don't like, but seem like they have to have a spot on the list:
- St. Oberholz at Rosenthaler Platz: Seems to be a classic, and I wonder why. The internet is so slow that you can't really work, and once you sit outside it doesn't work at all. I am writing this paragraph in the bar, and am using my own mobile connection. Also no free water. Supposedly the internet in the coworking floor is better, but I'm very hesistant to try it out based on the bad experience I had on the ground floor.
If you have more ideas, let me know! Happy to test them and include them in the list.